WIP Day 4

2/02/2010 08:31:00 PM Posted In , Edit This 14 Comments »
I didn't have much time to draw today as this is my day to work at the Health Dept.  I volunteer there one day a week (and I love it!).  Anyhow, I noticed that every time I look at the reference photo, I see something different, such as shaped formed by value differences that I hadn't noticed before.  Of course, those insights  throw my own drawing way off.  Even so, rather than just give up and toss the whole thing, or get out the eraser  (again), and remove large segments of it, I just chalk it up to the learning process and continue on.  I think I'm nearing the end of this one.  I know I'll do a bit of tweaking on it, which of course I'll post, but I think maybe one more drawing session with it and I'll be ready to move on to something else.  So, here it is, not quite finished.

 


 

14 comments:

Socrates said...

He's awesome, I like him a lot. Don't you dare toss him! I think he's gorgeous and you'd better plan framing him.

Tamarak said...

Great drawing!
The detail in the hair is great!

arlene said...

EXCELLENT!! Beautiful work....
thanks for sharing
hugs
arlene

Timaree said...

I think he's turned out great. Adding the rest of his hair filled out the picture and now we can see how good a job you did. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Your shading and hair details are exceptional! You should be very proud of the work you've done here. Good job!!!

Anonymous said...

You've done such good work here - his lips and hair are outstanding, and though the eye is angled up a bit more, it is still a creditable eye - like he's taken a moment to look up. Other differences you may see are so slight. I hope you've found the experience as good a learning one as it has been a solid teaching one for those of us who have visited while in process. Bravo!

Carol said...

Awesome Work. I love the lips and the hair and the nose is perfect... Well Done! Love It!

Anonymous said...

Wow - wonderful! What patience you have. I agree with Socrates - one for framing and displaying with pride!

Unknown said...

This was an excellent, excellent exercise. I loved seeing your progress! And terrific results! I do hope that you'll do more of these!

Sandy said...

He is Gorgeous!!!! Well done!

Sarah said...

He's looking really good, well done!

Sharon P Pope said...

I love these, esp the 2nd one! You did a wonderful job! :)

Sharon P Pope said...

You did a great job on these, Nancy. I love them, esp the second one. :)

Dragana Savkov - Bajić said...

Excelent work! Beautiful lines! I love the expression!