True Colors Round Robin

2/10/2010 05:23:00 PM Posted In , Edit This 16 Comments »
In Sept. 2008 I was invited to participate in a round robin based on the book True Colors.  There were 9 of us, and we each chose a color, made a book, did the first spread (with an explanation as to why we chose the colors we did), and sent it off to the next person on the list.  Well, after all this time, it's winding down.  I spent the day today finishing the last spread in the last book I have to work in, and I have mine back!  I thought I'd  show you the cover of the book I made, the explanation of my color choice, and the spread I did in it.  If you'd like, over time I'll post pictures of the other spreads in my book.  They're all wonderful, and I just love my book.  The long wait was definitely worth it!

 

  

  


16 comments:

Socrates said...

totally cool. That's fascinating. Of course, you awful tease you're going to have to tell us more!!!!!! ;-))

Shirley said...

Fabulous - love the neutrals and I'd love to see what the other pages look like.

Timaree said...

Very nice! I do hope to see what all the other pages are like. This sounds like a difficult palette for me but your pages and cover look wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Please post! I have yet to buy True Colors ... I don't know why I haven't yet, lol.
Your spreads are incredible! I bet the texture is fantastic (yes, I am a texture gal).
Also, thank you for commenting on my blog ... I really appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

Please do post the other pages - I would love to see them and you have really whetted our appetites!

Anonymous said...

A great idea to work on different versions, different colors. your text is very good as the pages,
when the next show?

Vicki Holdwick said...

Nancy,

I really like the look of this and am so pleased you finally got it back.

I can't wait to see it in person.

xoxo

Sandy Coleman said...

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for stopping by with your well wishes.

EVA said...

Very, very pretty Nancy! And were all your pages for other people's books the same colours? The same completely?

Looking forward to seeing more!

Sandra said...

Great to see this project. Looking forward to seeing other pages.

Revelle Taillon said...

These pages are awesome and of course we want to see the entire thing!!!! Wish there were artists who want to make these and then dare to part with them by selling them!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, please do show us inside! This looks lovely!

Anonymous said...

These are so creative, such treasures! wow.

E*phi said...

These are so beautiful! Of course, as the others have already said, you must show us the other pages too!
I'm completely amazed by your pictures (and whole blog) which I just looked through! A true inspiration...
Also, thanks a lot for your kind comment on my blog. I'm so happy to have found the group!
Looking forward to your next posts! <3

Lesley Purcell said...

Your pages are beautiful - getting involved in a project like this must be so fulfilling. I'd love to have a go one day. Do please show us the other pages, I'm dying to see them now! x

Leah said...

beautiful! i love the softness.