True Colors Round Robin

1/23/2010 03:58:00 PM Posted In , Edit This 11 Comments »
Long about September, 2008 a small group of artists decided  to do a round robin based on the book True Colors, A Palette of Collaborative Art Journals published by Somerset Studio.  Each of the participants (there were 9 of us) made a book, chose a color, did the first spread, and then sent it on to the next person on the list.  The round robin still isn't finished!  I have been a part of this sort of round robin in the past, but I must say, this one has taken the longest of any other.  The group was hand picked by someone who had experience with each of us in other trades and swaps, and she was certain that we would follow through.  Sometimes life throws us curve balls and we can find ourselves mired in situations we never could have anticipated.  Such was the case here.  But, the good news is that things seem to be moving along once again, and I think I'm very close to getting my book back.  I can hardly wait!

I have just one more book to work on, and I haven't received it yet.  However, I know that the person who sends the books to me has both mine and the one I have left to do.  The end is definitely in sight!  Today I finished working in the second -to-the-last book I'm doing.  The book is lovely, and I'm sure when it gets home, the owner will love it.  All of the entries in it are wonderful - poetic and beautiful.  I decided that I would balance some of that with something a bit edgy.  I don't usually do edgy, but I thought it would be fun to give it a go.  So, here it is! 

I hope she likes it!



11 comments:

Its about art and design said...

What a fun project. I'm sure she'll love it.

Vicki Holdwick said...

Whoa, Nancy,

This is pretty edgy. Imagine my surprise when I got to the last two words.

Excellent as well as edgy!!

xoxo

A.Marie said...

I had to LOL when I read the end. That sounds fun.

Anonymous said...

This is great - made me laugh! I bet it will be the recipient's favourite page...

Anonymous said...

First time I've heard of doing this type of work, and I must say if the pages are all as creative as yours, it is indeed a treasure. What fun!

martinepittet said...

Lovely .. and funny too !

Sandra said...

You are mellow about the length of time to pass the project to the next person. Your pages are an edgy contribution and look terrific. Bet that you can hardly wait to see yours.

Unknown said...

Wow! That took such a long time; you have so much patience! This is a wonderful page; can't wait to see what you get back!

Timaree said...

Wonderful! If I have time, I'll have to show this to my daughter. She will just love this too. How many of us are there that would appreciate this spread? Too many, I am afraid.

donna said...

Oh, those are great journal pages. Please show us yours when it comes home.

Revelle Taillon said...

Sounds like great fun. I'd love to do one of these. How do you get involved? This is a fun one! Love it!
Revelle