Talented Friends

7/29/2009 05:14:00 PM Posted In , , , Edit This 3 Comments »
I'm fortunate to have several dear friends who are very talented people. Today with her permission, I'd like to showcase my friend, Julia, who is an amazing woman. When I first moved out here to the country, a neighbor said to me, "there's a woman down the road who does nothing but garden". Boy, was he ever wrong! Julia is a most wonderful gardener, to be sure, but that is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg when it comes to her many accomplishments. She is a spinner, weaver, wonderful gardener (for another post!), seamstress, tailor, and an innovative and creative cook. She is the grandmother of 2 beautiful children who simply adore her (as do her 3 dogs and 2 cats). She is generous with her time and energy and has helped me out immensely during some very difficult times.
One of her most recent projects is so remarkable to me that I just had to share it with you. She made 2 dolls (a big sister and a baby-doll), clothing for each, little baby quilt, and most amazing of all, a doll bed! She spent countless hours adding the most charming details and finishes that only a woman with her talent could achieve. Her patience, devotion and love is apparent in every single stitch, and I am in awe of what she has done. I think you will be, too!

3 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

Nancy,

You are right - I am in awe!

What beautiful creations.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely stunning! some people never get to know and meet such talented people in their lifetime - you are soooo lucky to have met one.

Laura Kay said...

These are very sweet! What treasures. I can see a little girl taking care of these and playing mommy to the little one.