New Winner and Quick Sketch

7/27/2009 06:01:00 AM Posted In , Edit This 5 Comments »
Well, the deadline to contact me came and went, and I didn't hear from Arlene, so we have a new winner of the goodies -- Pat, come on down!! I expect I'll hear from her soon, and I'll send off her box of treats right away. Again, thanks everyone for leaving such kind comments on my blog.

Yesterday while waiting for a guest to arrive, we sat on the front porch and enjoyed the wonderful weather we were having. I had about 15 minutes to do this little ball-point pen sketch of some of the things nearby before he arrived. I didn't get the bell pole right, but it passed the time pleasantly and I think I'll have another go at drawing it again soon.

Treat yourself and the world gently today! nancy


5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is my first visit to your blog. Very soothing green background. I love your sketch!

Kathryn Costa said...

I'm going to copy down your quote, "Treat yourself and the world gently today!" I often need reminding to be gentle, especially toward myself.

Many thanks!
k

Sloane's Creations said...

I'm with Kathryn on the quote! I needed that tid bit this morning and I have carried the thought all day.

Leah said...

I like that quote too. And what a sweet sketch!

Laura Frankstone said...

I like your sketch very much---it's the perfect record of 15 minutes in a summer's evening on your front porch! Thank you for your very nice comment on my blog, by the way!