A small portrait

5/01/2012 05:18:00 PM Posted In Edit This 6 Comments »
This is a little drawing I did in one of my small sketchbooks that I'm determined to fill up.  I've been dropping in on this book from time to time over the years (yes, Years), and I've decided that it's time to wrap it up.  I've never dated any of my sketchbooks .... I think because it would depress me to know for sure how long they've been languishing.  I actually have some that are over 30 years old that still aren't finished!  I can tell about how old they are by some of  the drawings in them.  They're of folks I haven't seen in many years.  I don't know if I'll go back to those oldies but goodies or not - I sort of like the history and may not want to add up-to-date things in them.  Maybe I'll just remove the blank pages and use them in a handmade sketchbook.

The model for this drawing came from a National Geographic Mag .... I think that magazine may be becoming a favorite source for models!




6 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

Nancy,

I like him, especially the bone structure you've provided in the cheeks.

Can't wait to see what you try next,

xoxo

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

I have old sketch books too, sometimes I buy a new book because I have the mind that I want to havone book for only one subject, like barns... But for some reason it never pans out, still trying though : )

I like how you find your models, and NG is a great mag for that... Wonder what the story was behind this man? Great work Nancy!!!

Carin Winkelman said...

An interesting face. National Geographic really is a great source of images!

salem said...

He has a deep thought in mind. love his eyes

Cathy Holtom said...

The nose practice paid off!

Dan Kent said...

I've been looking in on your posts with my phone, but have not had a chance to comment until now. I love all the exercises you are putting your self through - you are doing some really neat stuff! You really captured the ethnic look of this guy!