Watercolor Works in progress

5/04/2009 09:04:00 PM Posted In , , Edit This 7 Comments »
Well, now that the studio is in better shape, I've started working on 2 paintings for Susan Pickering Rothamel of USArtQuest, Inc. I'm using her wonderful new Mica Color watercolor paints, and I'm telling you, they are really, really nice. They're similar to the LuminArte Twinkling Watercolors, but the colors are much more saturated. That means you don't have to use nearly as much paint to get great coverage. The paint is opaque, which makes it very forgiving to use. Also, they are very creamy so they go on smoothly and easily. Below are the beginnings of the 2 paintings. The subject of the first one is purely fantasy, so I'm showing you 2 versions - the very beginning of the painting, and where it is now, which I'm hoping is near completion. The second one is more realistic and conventional, and it also needs a bit more attention. I'm not entirely sure where to go next with it, but I know it's not finished. As always, your comments and suggestions are very welcome!

7 comments:

tracyozzie said...

I love them. They are beautiful.

Alex said...

The colors do look really good and vibrant, and more importantly, just so evenly spread.
:) I think both versions are just as good!

Diane said...

I am with the majority. I think they are beautiful.
Diane

Laura Kay said...

These are delightful. Looks like you had a good time making these.

Leah said...

lovely, lovely work!

Aarti Harish said...

Nice work...but is this you..???

Anonymous said...

I love your paintings.
I really like how soft the colors look.
Keep creating!
Kathy