The Rooster

10/22/2012 04:08:00 PM Edit This 11 Comments »
Well, it's been a long time since I've posted anything.  One of the many things I've been busy with is making a Halloween costume for Oliver, our youngest grandson.   He is 20 months old, and his parents decided he should be a rooster for Halloween.  I got to make the costume!  I used to make the costumes for our sons when they were young and it was a lot of fun both to make them and then to see their sweet selves in them.

I've made several for our grandsons, too.  There's been a pineapple (yep, a pineapple!), garden gnome, cowboy, teddy bear, and now a rooster.  Since they live in Tennessee and we live in Michigan, it's always kind of scarey for me (I guess that's appropriate for Halloween!) because I never know until they arrive and are tried on for the first time if it's going to fit.    Anyhow, I finished it yesterday and mailed it off today.  It's supposed to arrive on Wednesday, so I'm keeping all my parts crossed until I get that picture on my phone of little Oliver strutting his stuff as a rooster.

So, here is what the costume looks like, sans boy.  An old teddy bear is modeling the hat for you.




I'm eager to start drawing again!   Which is not to say that the rooster got in my way .... it's more like I've been too chicken to do it.

11 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Adorable and so creative ~ He will love it! ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

Vicki Holdwick said...

Oh my gosh, Nancy, this is divine and looks like so much work. I'll bet he is going to be so cute in it and will love it.

And you with your scary and "too chicken" - such a lovely post.

Can't wait to see your next project - sketching maybe,

xoxo

Carolyn Dube said...

This is one amazing costume! He is going to end up with a huge bag of treats with such an adorable costume. How lucky he is that he has someone who can and will make such a treasure for him!

Alex said...

such a sweet post :D Love it!

Jane said...

Great to see your post Nancy and what a wonderful costume! I am in awe of people with such talent to make fabric come alive. Really lovely, he will look adorable.

Clare said...

Hello there Nancy, Oh My this is sooo sweet. I do wish we did Halloween here in Australia. Welcome back to drawing!! ;)

debra morris said...

Great costume Nancy, you should set up a business....looking forward to seeing your drawings

Unknown said...

I hope you get some lovely photos of him in his costume, he's going to be so sweet!
(The bear confused me at first lol)

She Who Doodles said...

love it, it's adorable. be sure and post of picture with your grandson in it.

Sandra said...

You have been on my mind as I've been concerned that your health was the reason that we hadn't heard from you. Hope that it was fun "stuff" filling your days. The rooster costume is a winner!

Unknown said...

aww this is so cute it must have been a great costume for him.