Finished For Now

8/07/2011 08:54:00 PM Posted In , Edit This 13 Comments »
We've been having a lot of problems with our internet connection, and finally got a whole new system.  I think this one will work better than the last one (meaning faster).  We live in an area where our choices are dial-up (we've had that and it's slow enough to make you crazy), satellite, or wireless.  There's actually another choice which we've tried,  it's like another cell phone or something.  Can you tell I'm not very skilled or informed about these things?  We just switched to wireless which we began yesterday, and after having a wee problem with it, I think maybe now it's working ..... I really, really, hope so.

Anyhow, I've finished the Man.  Well, that is, I've done as much on him as I'm going to do this go around.  I'll probably tackle him again, but it may be years .... no really, before this dance with him, it had been many years since we connected.  As you can see, his hat and clothing weren't the focus of this drawing.  I find his face both compelling and challenging to draw, and as interesting as I find him, I also lose patience with him after awhile.  He really doesn't say much, though I talk to him constantly when we're together.  So, without further ado, here he is:



13 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

Nancy,

I do love your man!

Wireless?? I am jealous. Is it faster than what you had before?

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I like that he doesn't say much, he looks like one of those people you're lucky to get two words out of, but if you do you know they're two important ones! Lookshe's just sitting looking out over a quiet place contemplating, I think you've done a great job!

Anonymous said...

He has a very wise face. I think that he does not talk because he is fully occupied with thinking. What a super drawing!

Cathy Holtom said...

I love his wrinkles..great work Nancy. Good luck with the internet connection!

Sandy in Michigan said...

I can certainly understandy why you find him so fascinating. You've done a wonderful job capturing his "essence."

Louise said...

Nancy, this is a wonderful drawing! I always find eyes difficult, but you have done this perfectly. The texture of the skin is excellent also. Great post!

kazumiwannabe said...

He looks sad, or tired. He has a fascinating face - and you made him look very real. The texture of his skin, the wrinkles, and the light on his face are awesome.

Anonymous said...

You've really captured the character of this man, Nancy. Very beautifully done.
Sue

Anonymous said...

I like it in the unfinished state. I think it really puts the emphasis where it should be - on that terrific face, and especially those eyes! Nicely done.

Sandy Coleman said...

This is wonderful, such character in the face. I can see that the two of you are really connected.

Alex said...

You've pulled off those details on his face so nicely... awesome wrinkles ^^

debra morris said...

Great Nancy, haven't caught up with your blog for a while! love the jewellery too

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh this is fabulous!!!