Life Do Intrude

8/11/2010 07:50:00 PM Edit This 18 Comments »
Is it just me, or are things really busy these days?  It's been way too long since I've posted to my blog, and I've missed it.  What have I been doing?  Hard to say, exactly.  Spending time with friends who needed a friend, volunteering at the county Health Dept (only 1 day a week, though), getting ready for a trip, cleaning, shopping, .....  I don't know where the time goes!  Anyhow, here I am, and I'm in the process of doing a pencil drawing of the same woman I did the dom/non-dom drawings of in ink.  This is a woman all of you would recognize from her photo, but certainly not from my ink drawings.  The pencil drawing (a WIP), is closer to what she really looks like, but since she's a WIP, she's still not there yet.... maybe she never will be ..... who knows? 

I don't know when I'll get to visit her again.  We'll be traveling soon, and even tho it's not a long trip, somehow it takes me  a long time pre and post trip to organize everything.   Abby (our wonderful dog) will have to go to "camp"  (the kennel, but we Never use that word around her), and then, of course, she'll have to be picked up.  The camp is not very close to our house, but they love her there and she's been there often enough that she's comfortable (at least that's what we prefer to think).  I have to say, tho, she has yet to bring home a gimp lanyard..... anyone besides me remember those?

Enough of the rambling .... here's the WIP:

18 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

Hi Nancy,

I like this. I was just thinking that I should be doing a face soon.

Yours is wonderful,

xoxo

Hybrid J said...

Well Done! Like her sparkling eyes. Looking forward to the finished drawing. Also have a nice trip and enjoy the holiday! :)

Cathy Holtom said...

This is coming on really well, I hope you finish it!
What's a gimp lanyard Nancy?

Unknown said...

are you kidding? of course I recognize her. The lips, the eyes, you've captured her perfectly. will look forward to seeing the finished product. I painted her a year or so ago to illustrate a blog I do on leadership. I used the photo of her when she was the "roving girl reporter" with the big flash camera. Your face is much better.

Autumn Leaves said...

Is this Jackie O then? She is looking fabulous, Nancy. I hope you have a great trip.

Anonymous said...

Life is intruding for sure here too!
Your drawings of your hands are fantastic, and hands are quite hard to do.
I love your portrait done with dom and non-dom hands.

Unknown said...

Great start.

She looks kinda familiar - an ex-US president's wife?

Have a fab holiday and don't forget to pack your sketchbook :D

Alex said...

Looking good so far. And I think it's just me that I've got so much time right now being jobless and all, I don't really know what to do. My publisher doesn't come back to me(I guess they are not very initiative) and I always have to ask them what's next, and I usually get an instant reply when I ask.... it's weird working with these people really.

Sandra said...

Our dog goes to the doggie hotel! Today your picture did not appear on my screen:( Periodically the computer balks.

donna said...

This is very good. I am looking forward to more. You really are terrific with a pencil.

K said...

My thoughts definitely echo yours - no free time at all!!! I'm not sure if I'm doing it to myself by not managing time better, or if there are just too many things scheduled on the calendar. I sympathize.

Love the drawing, it is coming along nicely!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy, I know what you mean about things being really busy! It's great to see what you've been working on though; the portrait is coming along nicely. Hope you have a good trip.

Unknown said...

This is wonderful!

rrARTz said...

this looks great! i want to see more...

Bradford said...

Looks great! Have a good trip.

Anonymous said...

Good evening

Thanks for writing this blog, loved reading it

Anonymous said...

Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!

Anonymous said...

It is remarkable, rather amusing opinion